Notice- Clarification regarding use of blends of oils/emulsions/hydrogenated vegetable oils intended to be sold as intermediary ingredients (dated-05.09.2022)-FSSAI.View Pdf
Notice- Clarification regarding use of blends of oils/emulsions/hydrogenated vegetable oils intended to be sold as intermediary ingredients (dated-05.09.2022)-FSSAI.
- The following conditions must be complied with by the food businesses:
- Such licenses shall be granted for the purpose of B2B sales only. The retail sale of such products is strictly prohibited. The manufacturer of such products shall ensure that these products do not enter markets for sale to consumers either by themselves or by the end-user FBO to whom they are supplying. The responsibility for misuse/diversion of these products for sale to consumers shall lie with the manufacturer.
- Such licensed products shall only be sold for B2B purposes in unit packs of not less than 500 ml or 500g and have proper labeling declarations for non-retail containers specified under FSS (Labelling and Display) Regulations, 2020. In addition, each such individual pack shall clearly specify ‘Not for sale to consumer’/ ‘Intermediate product for use in formulating another product’ on the label.
- Both the manufacturer and the user of such intermediate products shall maintain all records in respect of their inventory and supplier/manufacturer details and produce the inventory records as and when sought by the Food Authority or any other officer authorized by it.
- An undertaking for compliance with the above-cited conditions must be submitted by the manufacturer to the respective Licensing Authority, before the issuance of the license, refer attachment for further details.