Notification regarding procedure for exercise of option under sub section(1) of section245M and intimation thereof by furnishing and upload of FORM No.34BB under sub rule (1) of Rule 44D of Income Tax Rules, 1962 ( Notification dated 24.05.2021) – Ministry of FinanceView Pdf
Notification regarding procedure for exercise of option under sub section(1) of section245M and intimation thereof by furnishing and upload of FORM No.34BB under sub rule (1) of Rule 44D of Income Tax Rules, 1962 ( Notification dated 24.05.2021) – Ministry of Finance
Furnishing and upload of Form No. 34BB to exercise option under sub-section (1) 01 section 245M – 2 step procedure:
- Step 1: Provide basic details for assessees intending to exercise option under sub-section (1) of section 245M The assessee who wish to exercise option for withdrawal application filed u/s 245C and such application is pending, shall first provide the basic details in following format on the form placed at www.nic.in:
- PAN, Name of the assessee, AY, Date of filing application, Application No, Bench of settlement commission, PCIT, Email ID.
- In case there are more than one assessment year for which the application for settlement u/s 245C is made, the assessee shall provide only the 1″ year under AY column in above table. In case of block assessment, the assessment year to be provided shall be the 1″ year of the
- The details shall be provided by 15-June-
- Based on these details, a system generated letter shall be generated through ITBA System to the assessee on his e-filing account requiring the assessee to upload signed printout of Form No. 34BB.
- The assessee should be a registered user on the E-filing Portal of the Department to proceed further.
- Step 2: Upload ofsigned copy of Form No_ 34BB on E-filing “, Portal of the Department:
- The assessee, to whom intimation to upload Form No. 34BB is generated, shall upload scanned printout of Form No. 34BB, duly verified as per sub-rule (2) of Rule 44DA of the Rules, online on the .. Filing portal of the Department:
- The assessee is required to login into the e-Filing portal: www.incometax.gov.in using their valid credentials.
- A link for upload of Form No. 34BBhas been provided under e-Filing portal: www.incometax.gov.l
- -Login using User name and password – Select e-proceedings Tab – Select ‘Furnishing of Form 34BB’ – upload scanned printout of the Form.
- The scanned printout of the Form should be in pdf format with a scan clarity of 300
- The form can be submitted by clicking on “Submit” button.
- The assessee shall upload signed printout of the Formwithin the date specified under sub-section (1) of section 245
- The date of upload of signed printout of the Form shall be the date on which such application is withdrawn.ww.incometax.gov.in.
- Viewing submitted Forms The submitted Form would be available for view and download by going to www.incometax.gov.in –Login using User name and password -Select e-proceedings Tab-‘Furnishing of Form 34BB’ ->Select ‘View submission’
- Submission to the Assessing Officer:
- Online submission of Form No. 3488 in the 2 step manner prescribed herein would be treated as submission to the Assessing Officer as per sub-section (1) of section 245M of the Act.
- Instructions/FAQs to provide details of pending application and upload signed printout are available on the e-Filing Portal.