Order regarding exemption for adult workers of tea factories under Factors Act, 1958 (dated -08.06.2022)-Govt. of Assam.View Pdf
Order regarding exemption for adult workers of tea factories under Factors Act, 1958 (dated -08.06.2022)-Govt. of Assam.
- In the exercise of the power conferred by Sub-Section (2) of Section 65 of the Factories Act 1958, the Chief Inspector of Factories, Assam hereby grants exemption of adult workers of the Tea Factories in the State of Assam from the provision of 51, 54 and 56 of the Factories Act, for a period of 4 months w.e.f. July.2022 to October 2022 to deal with the exceptional pressure of work during the peak of the manufacturing season, subject to the following conditions:
- Total number of hours of work in any one day shall not exceed twelve.
- The spread over, inclusive of intervals for rest shall not exceed thirteen hours in any one day.
- The total number of hours of work in any week including overtime shall not exceed sixty.
- No worker shall be allowed to work overtime for more than seven days at a stretch and the total number of hours of overtime work on any quarter shall not exceed seventy-five, refer attachment for further details.