Order regarding implementation of policy to enable renewing the FSSAI license / registration after the expiry date (dated – 29.10.2021) – FSSAI.View Pdf
Order regarding implementation of policy to enable renewing the FSSAI license / registration after the expiry date (dated – 29.10.2021) – FSSAI.
- Due to prevailing Covid pandemic in the country, the instances have increased where FBOS have been failed to renew their License/Registration in the provided time. They were required to obtain fresh License/Registration to continue their food business. This resulted in redoing the complete procedure for obtaining license/registration, circulating the new license/registration number across all trading food businesses, loss of pre-packaged printing material etc. ‘Io facilitate the food businesses to continue with same license number even after expiry date, it has been decided with the approval of Food Authority to enable Food Business Operator to renew the FSSAI License/Registration even after expiry date with following penalties:
- Three times of the existing annual license/registration fee in the period – 1st day to 90th day from the original expiry date.
- Additional two times of the existing annual license/registration fee (i.e. total 5 times) in the period – 91stday to 180th day from the original expiry date.
- This provision of filing renewal application after the expiry date shall be subjected to online submission of due Annual Returns through FoSCoS by the licensed food manufacturer or importer.
- No renewal shall be allowed after l80th day from the original expiry date, for further details refer the attached notification.