Press release on Monetary Policy Statement, 2022-23Resolution of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) June 6-8, 2022 (dated – 08.06.2022) – RBI.View Pdf
Press release on Monetary Policy Statement, 2022-23Resolution of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) June 6-8, 2022 (dated – 08.06.2022) – RBI.
- On the basis of an assessment of the current and evolving macroeconomic situation, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) at its meeting today (June 8, 2022) decided to:
- Increase the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 50 basis points to 4.90 per cent with immediate effect.
- Consequently, the standing deposit facility (SDF) rate stands adjusted to 4.65 per cent and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 5.15 per cent.
- The MPC also decided to remain focused on withdrawal of accommodation to ensure that inflation remains within the target going forward, while supporting growth.
- These decisions are in consonance with the objective of achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth, refer attachment for further details.