Regarding Surveillance of International Travellers & other Public Health Measures on the background of Emergence of Omicron Variant (dated – 06.12.2021) – Govt. of Maharashtra.View Pdf
Regarding Surveillance of International Travellers & other Public Health Measures on the background of Emergence of Omicron Variant (dated – 06.12.2021) – Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Maharashtra Govt. has issued order on health measures on the background of emergence of omicron variant and their details are mentioned below:
- Strategies need to be implemented to contain the spread of Omicron in India:
- Guidelines for International travels.
- Passengers/ Travellers coming from Countries at risk.
- List of Countries from where travellers would need to follow additional measures on arrival in India, including post-arrival testing (Countries at-risk) (Updated as on 30th November 2021). Source: MOHFW Gol.
- Travelers coming from Countries excluding those enlisted as Countries at risk.
- Efforts need to be taken at Field level.
- Searching Positive cases with history of International Travel.
- Tracking International Travellers in the Field.
- Follow up of cases from at risk countries Tested Negative on International Airport.
- Prospective sampling: Airport screening.
- Actions to be taken regarding Omicron Confirmed Case.
- Public health and social measures (PHSM).Enhanced Surveillance, COVID Appropriate Behaviour, Risk communication & community engagement, Laboratory preparedness, Health care system readiness, refer attachment for further details.